29 Jul Health & Environmental Benefits of Filtered Water
We want you to know about the many benefits of drinking clean filtered water. Hopefully this will be helpful in informing you of the many advantages of drinking filtered water so that you can live a more informed, healthy, happy and environmentally friendly life!
Health Benefits of Filtered Water
There’s lots of options for drinking water with hype that surrounds each – tap, bottled, distilled, alkaline, etc. For the everyday consumer it can all get a bit confusing. But worry not – we are here to help! Let’s take a look at why filtered water is the best choice.
Common Elements Removed with Filtered Water
- Arsenic: Tap water can contain dangerous levels of arsenic, a powerful carcinogenic, that has been linked to an increased risk of the development of several types of cancer.
- Lead: Municipal water that is unfiltered can lead to an increased consumption of lead, a metal that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease, hyperactivity, learning disabilities in children, skin problems, liver disease and more.
- Disinfection Byproducts (DBPs): DBPs are harmful elements that result from disinfecting water with chlorine, a powerful carcinogenic.
- Fluoride: While fluoride is commonly associated with improving oral health, it can actually cause a wide range of health problems such as a weakened immune system and cellular damage that accelerates aging.
What about Bottled Water?
You may be surprised to learn that 40% of bottled water is bottled tap water! In addition to this commonly unknown fact, here are some other risks that stem from drinking bottled water:
The plastic bottles themselves are created with a chemical called bisphenol A or BPA, a synthetic hormone disruptor that has been linked to many health problems:
- Learning and behavioral problems
- Altered immune system function
- Prostate and breast cancer
- Risk of obesity
- Early puberty in both genders
What are Some Health Benefits of Drinking Filtered Water?
An increased intake of pure, healthy water will enhance:
- Nutrient absorption
- Weight loss
- Skin hydration
- Overall health
Bottled Water is the fastest growing segment of the entire beverage industry and it also happens to be one of the biggest polluting ones. The realisation that bottled water is seldom of higher quality than tap water has brought the environmental aspect of the industry to new heights.
By filtering your own water at home, you will be doing your part to help the environment and stop the following:
- A massive influx of plastic sent to degrade at the dump. A process that takes at least 300 years.
- It takes three times as much water to produce a plastic bottle then it does to fill it.
- Recycled plastic water bottles require the use of petroleum in addition to the cost of transport for the recycling process.
10 Reasons to Filter Your Own Water
- Drinking water is essential to your health.
- Filtered water is more affordable than bottled water.
- Filtered water is healthier than distilled water, alkaline water, and “vitamin” waters.
- Filtered water tastes better than tap water.
- Filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall better health.
- Filtered water removes cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water helping to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33%.
- Filtered water is important for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters are the last line of defense between the body and over 2,000 known toxins that your municipalities may not be eliminating.
- Filtered water is better for the environment than plastic water bottles.
- Filtered Water improves skin hydration