The Clean Water Company supply and fit Water Filters, Water Coolers and Fluoride filters into homes and businesses throughout Ireland & Europe.
These superb filters are currently sold and used in over 150 countries worldwide. They are used daily by Embassies, Unicef, Oxfam and League of Red Cross. Our drinking water filters also provide clean, safe drinking water to millions of households everyday.
Clean Water Founder – Daniel Downey
After finishing my education in Dublin my main interest was always in the environment and in particular the quality of our drinking water. When the opportunity came up to work for an Irish Water Filtration Company I jumped at the chance.
However I always felt that the product I was selling was too expensive and not right for the Irish market. I moved on to Spain to work with Europe’s leading water filtration company, they were using the Doulton system, not only was it a fraction of the price it was actually a better system in that it removed all harmful bacteria, chemicals, metals etc. but it did not remove the essential minerals and does not require maintenance except a filter element changed every 6 months.
After a lot of hard work, research and development I came home to Ireland and started the Cleanwater Company.
My mission is to supply and fit this superb filter all over Europe, with a lifetime guarantee and a first class after sales service.
To date the feedback from customers has been 100% positive, please read client testimonials.
Health and Well-Being
- We are approximately 70% water
- Our blood is 85% water
- Doctors say we need to drink in excess of 2 litres of water per day to remain well hydrated.
- Dr. Adam Carey says “Proper hydration is vital to good health, and water is the major medium through which our bodies eliminate toxins. The purity of our drinking water is therefore of paramount importance.”
What Are Your Options?
Do nothing and drink tap water
- Quality is highly variable: it comes from multiple sources.
- It has variable levels of contamination.
- It is treated with chemicals.
- Irish tap water supplies regularly breach EU quality standards.
- Full of unwanted particles.
- Vegetables lose most of there nutrients when cooked in tap water.
- It has to travel through rusty old pipes before it reaches your tap.
- Lead can leach in from lead pipes in older houses and lead solder used to join pipes in newer house.
- Even very small quantities are harmful.
- It generally does not have a pleasant taste or odour.
- It is extremely expensive (more expensive than petrol) mainly due to packaging and transport.
- It has variably quality, depending on the source and the company producing it.
- Once unsealed it can become a breeding ground for bacteria and algae. This is a common problem with office water coolers, especially if they are in direct sunlight.
- Plastic bottles are bad for the environment.
- By definition, Bottled water is not on tap!
History of the Royal Doulton Ceramic Filter
“Offensive to the sight, disgusting to the imagination and destructive to the health.
This was how London drinking water, which was drawn from the Thames, was described in a pamphlet published in 1827. The Thames was heavily contaminated with raw sewage; cholera and typhoid epidemics were rampant. Doulton were perfectly placed along the river Thames to deal with these problems 1835 Queen Victoria recognized the health dangers in her drinking water and commissioned Doulton to produce a water filter for the Royal household.
In consideration of her pleasure with the new device, Queen Victoria bestowed upon Doulton the right to embellish each of its units with the ROYAL CREST.
She was so happy with her filter Henry Doulton was knighted in 1877.
Other Filter Systems
- Britta Filter Jug-Only removes 15% of contaminants
- Carbon Filter-Only removes 25% of contaminants
Reverse Osmosis Unit
Expensive, removes minerals, wastes water, takes up a lot of much needed space, uses electricity.
Our Ceramic under sink water filters are are long lasting, self-sterilising and use 100% natural elements for filtering. The filter does not remove essential minerals from water that are beneficial to health.
We offer a wide range of office coolers and water dispensers which use state of the art water filtration systems so you can ensure your staff have safe and healthy drinking water whilst in the work place.
Reduce water usage on typical softeners by 40%. Each cycle of the softener has been optimized to reduce water usage and these softeners meet the requirements for water efficiency.
Our water supply has been supplemented with fluoride for years, despite the fact that controversy still rages about its safety. Countless studies point to evidence that it can be dangerous to your health.
All Doulton® ceramic filter elements are manufactured under strict ISO conditions. They have the highly consistent and controlled pore structure necessary to provide genuine sub micron water filtration.
Check out our full range of water filtration products, water filtering solutions and aftercare which are designed to give you the freshest and healthiest clean drinking water possible in Ireland.
Recently Viewed Products
The MiniDUE 250gram Acquasil Refil Bags are designed to be used with the Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE system and are designed to eliminate limescale buildup within your filter system.Price includes Free Postage and Packaging AcquaSIL 2/15® is a liquid solution made of of 100% safe food grade polyphosphates that are specific for drinking water treatment. This liquid is injected into the water supply and helps to prevent the formation of scale desposits and to also prevent the corrosion of metal components in your plumbing system. The MiniDUE system is a much simpler solution to getting rid of limescale than buying a water softener as the unit itself takes up very little space and is very easy to install. The MiniDUE 250gram Acquasil Refil Bags are designed to be used with the Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE system and is designed to eliminate limescale buildup within your filter system. The pouches are very easy to install and to remove from the system, and they also come with full instructions on how to remove and fit them. The 250gram pouches come supplied in a box with 4 packs with each bag lasting up to 3 months and treating up to 11 cubic metres of water. The box will last you for a year and in total will treat over 40 cubic metres of water. There is also a 1000gram bag option as well which will also treat up to 44 cubic metres and last up to 12 months.
Replacement filter for the Puricom Ivory GAC KDF Inline Shower FilterThis comes in a neat box of 2 and includes free postage and packaging This is the replacement filter for the Puricom Ivory GAC/KDF Shower Filter. The filter is the replaceable filter component inside the shower filter casing which can be easily removed and replaced in seconds. The filter lasts for approximately 5 months in a two person home. The shower filter has consistently shown to help alleviate bad reactions to chlorine making it ideal for people with sensitive skin, including people with eczema, psoriasis and dry skin conditions. For people without these conditions, the shower filter leaves you with a moisturised feeling after showering by protecting your skin and hair from the oxidant elements in tap water, preserving the skins natural proteins. A unique feature of shower filter is the removable cartridge system, enabling you to easy change the internal filter. This shower filter provides an effective media to remove chlorine in high temperature shower water for chlorine free showers. Fitting is ever-so simple and almost as easy as screwing on a light bulb! - Reduces up to 99.99% of chlorine - Reduces chemical absorption and vapour inhalation - Reduces up to 98% of water soluble heavy metals - Less damage to hair and skin - Contains bacteriostatic media KDF 55
Chrome Hand-held Shower Filter with Massage Function
Please note: This product is not suitable for an electric shower and will reduce the flow rate and pressure on your pressurised system. All shower filters do this to some extent. There is a compromise between flow rate and filtration.
✓ Softener skin and hair through chemical filtration
✓ Remove chlorine gases and softens skin hair
✓ Massage function with 5 spray settings
✓ Free hose and holder kit included
✓ Super easy fitting, not tools or skills required!
✓ Great travel buddy!
✓ Free Nationwide Delivery!
The Paragon HSF-1 is a replacement shower head built for hands on or hands free showering. Made in a high quality chrome finish and with multiple spray settings, this shower head is not only effective, but also stylish and looks amazing in your bathroom.
This shower filter reduces (not 100% removes) chlorine, hardness and hydrogen sulfate and restores the natural softness back into your skin, scalp and hair. Added bonuses such as long lasting and elimination of water odour and chlorine smells and taste, this is a must have edition to your bathroom!
• Reduces chlorine 99% • Reduces hydrogen sulfate and restores natural softness of hair, skin and scalp. • Eliminates water odour and chlorine taste. • Reduces (does not remove 100%) scale for easier cleaning • Reduces calcium and soap film build-up in shower. • Active Ceramic filter media remineralises the water • Media is NSF certified for Free Available Chlorine Reduction.
• Reduces chlorine 99%
• Reduces hydrogen sulfate and restores natural softness of hair, skin and scalp.
• Eliminates water odour and chlorine taste.
• Reduces (does not remove 100%) scale for easier cleaning
• Reduces calcium and soap film build-up in shower.
• Active Ceramic filter media remineralises the water
• Media is NSF certified for Free Available Chlorine Reduction.
Cleanwater Inline Shower Filter - More Info
Shower Head diameter: 3 1/2"
Hose length: 4.5 feet long
Reduces chlorine 99%
Reduces calcium and soap film build-up in shower.
Eliminates water odor and chlorine taste.
Reduces hydrogen sulfate and restores natural softness of hair, skin and scalp.
Rated to Last 10,000 gallons, or 1 year.
5 spray settings: full spray, massage, bubble, combo spray/bubble and combo spray/massage